Friday, March 7, 2008

Joan's Restaurant Review: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.


Take your food life to the next level with power lunches, weekend brunches and mid-week romantic dinners for two with Joan’s restaurant reviews.


Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Location: Chain Restaurant Located Throughout the US


Last night my family and I visited Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Times Square. I love the décor of this restaurant; family style, casual and fun. The food is a combination of seafood and Cajun cuisine. We sat in the Gump’s House; a cute private room in the restaurant which was really good so other patrons couldn’t hear me complain about my dissatisfaction with the food.

Bubba Gump offers a pretty extensive menu with shrimp prepared in different methods. I ordered the Shrimp’s Heaven, the presentation was really cute but it did nothing for the lack of seasoning and luke warm food I received. The only part of my dinner I enjoyed was the coconut shrimp (which was actually pretty good and my frozen Lotsa Lava). My mom ordered a cobb salad that was literally drenched in vinaigrette dressing (she returned it and refused to eat anything else on the menu). Overall, this is a cute theme-based chain restaurant if you want to go and take pictures and pick up one or two souvenirs from their gift shop that has everything from golf balls to boxer shorts. The next time I want shrimp I’ll head over to City Island!

JAD

No comments: