Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Operation Healthy Body: Day 4 (Jeniece's Version)

Today is my birthday so your girl is off! Actually, I threw my back out last night...see what had happened was I've been doing these strip tease aerobics and when I went down to do the body roll...my back didn't want to roll up! lmao. Seriously, your girl was hurt I went too hard on the treadmill and my sciatica shut me down!

I still made a delicious carb-free meal and here's the recipe for the Parmesan White Bean Mash that was mentioned in the newsletter!

2 (19 ounce) cans cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoons olive oil
3 small cloves roasted garlic, mashed
1/4 cup chicken broth or water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
3 tablespoons grated parmesan

Combine the cannelini beans, olive oil, garlic, and chicken broth to a medium saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium-low heat just until the beans are tender and the chicken broth is boiling, about 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and transfer to a medium sized bowl. Add the butter, half-and-half, and parmesan; mash with a potato masher until smooth leaving some beans slightly lumpy. Serve immediately with additional salt and pepper and butter if you choose.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: