Monday, February 11, 2008

Operation Healthy Body: Day 1 (Jeniece's Version)

Ok, so today was the first day of Bootcamp and I must tell you...it was grueling! I was not prepared for what was about to take place. Now, mind you I was forewarned prior to going but for some strange reason I didn't think it would be that bad. So we get there on time (5:00 a.m .on the dot) and I'm thinking great...wrong! As soon as I walked in I knew we were going to have problems. Lisa calls out the fact that I have gum in my mouth (I'm thinking damn, I just rolled out of bed, my breath may be a little tart...give me a break) but she wasn't just like "spit out the gum" homegirl was like..."Get rid of the gum...you're chewing like a cow..." *record scratch* Who in the Richard Simmons is this chick talking to? I'm not one of those super-sensitive big girls, but damn if you gone call me a cow after I've dragged my ass up in there at 5:00 a.m....sh*t feed me first!

Next, let the Patriot Games begin. Call me foolish, but I thought the boot camp reference was just to the type of exercises that were going to be taking place. I didn't know they were going Full Metal Jacket style...I felt like Private Pyle up in that joint! Between rolling on the floor like beached whales and the push ups for forgetting to call them Ma'am Jeniece (and Joan) have gone AWOL! You can find me at the track at Riverbank State Park or NYSC (and Joan at Lucille Roberts)...hell after that I might give Bikram Yoga another try!

Shakara aka Private Joker, good luck...the Get 'Em Girls will be rooting for you! And to the ladies of True Control Fitness...keep it up, for the folks who are disciplined for that type of regimen, this IS the program for you (if you have an inner-Beyonce, this is just the class to bring it out)

No comments: