Tuesday, February 26, 2008

5th Annual Hip-Hop Summit Action Network's Action Awards


Snoop and I


Dr. Benjamin Chavis and Valeisha Butterfield


LL Cool J and Ciara


Chris Lighty


Pharell, Brian- Micahel Cox, and Dr. Ben


Last night Joan and I attended the 5th Annual Hip-Hop Summit Action Network's Action Award. I had a ball.
The energy was great and we were there for a purpose. Snoop, Ciara, Jim Jones, Chris Lighty, Dug E. Fresh and Mellody Hobson were honored for their action in the community. The theme of the event was "Empowering Lives" and I felted very empowered after attending last nights event. I know I am here for a purpose and last night made me feel as if I need to do more to inspire our youth. A lot of times the media tends to focus on the negative in Hip Hop and the positive aspects always gets swept under the rug. However, tonight I gained a new respect for some of the honorees!


Stay tuned for more about last nights event later today...




Photos by Johnny Nunez (NuBuzz)

1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

Daaaanng... Shakara... where was my invite?