Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Westin Philadelphia versus The Game

OK...so I know this isn't hotel.com but I just had to voice my feelings about an issue I ran into this weekend. Anybody that has been reading the blog knows that we are Stans Fans of CW's The Game, so when we decided that if we would stay overnight in Philadelphia after the HSAN event, we knew we had to have good eats, good accommodations, and good television.

So we set off: we hit South Street for cheesesteaks and gremlins at Ishkabibbles - good eats (Check!), we had reservations at The Westin, heavenly beds and all - good accommodations (Check!), and we checked the tv listings, a new episode of The Game was coming on - good television (Check!). Valeisha hit us and invited us to go bowling that evening but we had a plan set (sorry V). Shakara opted to go bowling which left Joan and I to get our grub and Game on...NOT!

Picture us...pajamas on, under the covers, cheesesteaks in our lap, and remote in hand: begin channel surfing now...FOX, ABC, NBC, HBO...hold up, let me try this again. FOX, ABC, NBC, HBO...WHAT IN THE HELL??! Somebody tell me, how in the hell can you not have The CW? I mean come on! I called everybody reception, concierge, even the parking attendant...I could not believe it! Joan didn't seem to upset considering she hasn't watched television in 11 months...but me, I was done. Needless to say, although the bed was nice I'll stay at the HOJO on Sundays at 9 p.m. EST lol.

Thank the Lord for DVR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm now I want a steak from there LOL, that's crazy that they didn't have the CW, wonder why that is being it's not a cable channel.