Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dreams Do Come True…Crushin’ on Lamman Rucker Part II!


Monday night NABFME (National Association of Black Female Executives in Music and Entertainment) hosted, Breaking the Silence in Song, a music competition centered on domestic violence. I had the pleasure of meeting my crushin’ Mr. Lamman Rucker! OMG, in the words of B. Scott…TAKE ME HIGHER LORD! I thought I was going to need an asthma pump and I don’t even have asthma! Talk about a nice, fine, tall glass of water!! After meeting Lamman and hearing about some of the great things he’s involved in, my crushin’ on him is now on a totally different level and I have soooo much respect for him. Mr. Rucker is such a well-rounded individual and he actively participates in various awareness programs including domestic violence and HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness!

Lamman is currently acting in the hit play WeBeIMe, a dramatic portrayal of one man's coming to terms with the repercussions of the decisions that he has made in life before the inevitable happens. With little time on his side, he searches his soul for inner peace and his mind wanders back down the road that put him in his current predicament. My business partners and I will be going to see WeBeIMe this month and I hope you guys will join us, additional information and an interview with Lamman will be forthcoming.

Joan

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus, keep me...! (LOL)

AquariusDaisy said...

Boy you're lucky, I asked for him for Christmas and Santa let me down.

Great shot though.

BG Unlimited said...

He's a hoot! I'm glad he's finally gettin his shot to shine!

Eb the Celeb said...

That man know he fine!

princessdominique said...

Lovely! I wish I had known about the event, I would have attended. I'd love to interview you for my site though.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Phyllis Bourne said...

My copy of your cookbook came today. I don't cook, but it's just so pretty!

It makes me wish I did cook.